Back to All Events

Closer Look @ Hand Safety

  • Greater Cleveland Safety Council 1422 Euclid Avenue Suite 1672 Cleveland, OH, 44115 United States (map)

Our Hands are Vulnerable & Often Overlooked

Whether you’re a machine operator, lab technician, an office worker, or any kind of worker for that matter, your hands are one of your most important “instruments”.  Regarding hand injuries specifically, a study has shown that 70% of injured workers did not wear gloves and the remaining 30% wore gloves that were inadequate, damaged or wrong for the type of hazard being protected against. BLS reports that on-the-job hand injuries result in more than 1 million emergency room visits in the United States each year.  That’s 700,000 hand injuries that could have been prevented or reduced with proper hand protection.

Most hand injuries are preventable.  By recognizing hand hazards, following established safety guidelines, and using protective guards, shields, gloves and other personal protective devices as needed, you can save your hands from injury and yourself from unnecessary disability.

This class will cover:

·         Development of a proper hand-safety program

·         Hazard analysis

·         Awareness training

·         Assessment and periodic evaluation of the program

·         A representative from Grainger will show various types of gloves and hand safety PPE

If your organization is just starting to develop a hand safety program or if you are looking to improve an existing program, this session is right for you.

This Class will count as a meeting credit for the BWC's Safety Council Rebate Program.