Juvenile Driver Improvement Class
The Greater Cleveland Safety Council provides a remedial driver training program for persons under the age of 18 years old and it is called the Juvenile Driver Improvement Class. This class is approved and certified by the Ohio Department of Public Safety – Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- The Ohio Juvenile Driver Improvement Curriculum contains formats and delivery techniques that are unique. The goals of this class are to encourage peer interaction regarding risk perception and decision-making, develop an understanding of the physical demands of driving, and discover techniques to interact with new vehicle technologies.
- Students are taught defensive driving techniques proven to reduce collisions and injuries caused by collisions.
- This class meets requirements for the Juvenile Traffic Court, the North Olmsted Police Department’s Juvenile Traffic Intervention Program, and is an excellent class for young drivers who may need additional refresher driver training.
- Juvenile Classes are offered on select Saturdays (see calendar below for dates)
- Classes start promptly at 8:15 a.m. and finish at 3:15 p.m. Individuals arriving late may not be admitted into the class.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to sign-in.
- Classes are conducted entirely in the classroom; no driving required.
- You must register and prepay for the class. This can be done online by using the Registration link below.
- You may bring your own lunch, snacks and drinks to the class.
- You must present a valid photo ID.
- The class is conducted in the Safety Council’s classroom on the 16th Floor in Room 1672 at the Hanna Building which is located on the southeast corner of East 14th Street and Euclid Avenue.
- Parking is available at various parking lots around the Hanna Building. We suggest parking in a lot on Euclid Avenue between the Hanna Building and East 17th Street. You are required to pay upon your arrival when you park your vehicle.
Greater Cleveland Safety Council Classroom
1422 Euclid Ave. Suite 1672
Cleveland, OH 44115
- You must register and pre-pay for the class.
- You may register online or you may also register by calling the Safety Council Office at 216-621-0059, Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- The cost of this class is $55 per person. Payment must be made and received by the Safety Council prior to the class.
- Refunds will be made to those who contact the Safety Council Office at least 24 hours prior to the class. Those who do not abide by this rule will have their fee transferred and applied to a class of their choice at a future date that does not to exceed 90 days from the original date selected.