GCSC's Defensive Driving course is provided for members and non-members on-site or at the GCSC Training Facility. Students are taught defensive driving techniques proven to reduce accidents and injuries caused by accident. The course is approved and certified by the Ohio Department of Public Safety – Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
This course is designed for drivers who are already skilled in the basics of handling a vehicle. The objective of this course is to refresh and build on your current driving skills and help you reach a new level of defensive driving. Changing the attitude of the driver is emphasized.
Since this is not a lecture course, participation and contributions throughout are key to its success. By watching the video presentations and applying the skills into daily driving, this will reduce the chance of violating traffic laws and becoming involved in a traffic collision.
Call us at (216) 621-0059 to schedule a class. You may choose to host the class at your site or to send your employees to one of the scheduled sessions in our classroom (click here for times, dates, and info).
- Student Workbook
- Certification Upon Completion
- BMV Point Forms Where Needed
- Other Related Materials
Class Subjects and Video Presentations:
- Pre-Trip Safety Issues - Course Video plus "Seat Belt Safety"
- Critical Elements - Course Video plus "Sharing the Road with Big Trucks"
- Special Conditions - Course Video plus "Stomp, Stay, Steer"
- Situational Driving - Course Video plus "Red Asphalt III", "Deadly Crossings", & "Road Rage"
- Alcohol, Drugs and Driving - Course Video plus "Think, Don't Drink", "Every 33 Minutes", & "So You Think You Can Drink and Drive"
- 4 Hour Course (Meets OSHA Standards)
- On-Site Fee (15 Students or Less) - $550.00
- Cost Per Additional Student - $25.00
- Custom programs are available for Trucks or Fleets. Call (216) 621-0059 for more info.
- *GCSC membership discounts can be applied to these courses.