- To benefit members and encourage health & safety throughout the Greater Cleveland Area and beyond.
- To promote and assist community activities designed to decrease the numbers and costs of industrial, public, highway, and home accidents.
- To conduct community programs and activities relating to public safety, industrial safety, and a general campaign of public education.
- To ascertain the number and causes of accidents, how they could have been prevented, and recommend measures to prevent repetition.
- To encourage safety procedures and practices in industries, schools, homes, and on the roads & highways.
- To maintain a library of resources and offer assistance with employee-safety organizations and community campaigns.
- To maintain an active Speakers' Bureau with staff and volunteers.